[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 05:21:44 CDT 2001

"Peter L. Wargo" <pwargo at basenji.com> wrote:

> We're up to $2.00 per gal in CA, still much cheaper than you.  However, I
> (for one) would be happy as all shit to see the price go even higher.  As
> a motorcyclist, I get 42MPG, and I'm sick to death of the monster SUV
> driving, cell-phone yakking brain dead idiots on our highways.  A coworker
> has a new mitsu SUV that gets 14MPG, that's obscene...

<shrug> I get between 11 and 13 mpg (uk gallons) in my wagon.  I'll be
visiting my sister in Scotland soon, and it'll be cheaper to hire a
helicopter than to drive :-) cos aviation fuel isn't taxed.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **