[SunRescue] ultra2 cpu upgrade

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 13:31:44 CDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> do you have to do anything special, other than an openboot
> prom upgrade (if required) to go from 167/512k to 300/2meg
> CPUs in an Ultra 2?  motherboard jumpers?  anything?

Bill-

I assume you have two procs, or one proc and the UPA terminator.  With
that in mind, J2301 (right behind the processor slots, looking from the
front) needs to be set to pins 1 & 2.  For 167's & 200's, it defaults to
2 & 3.

Suggestion - download the latest flash PROM update from SunSolve as well.

-Pete