[SunRescue] Telebit NetBlaster ST

Flinthoof Ponypal rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 23:56:15 CDT 2001

Well, sitting forgotten at the local Goodwill was this lil' critter from
1192.  A Telebit NetBlazer ST, which featured a i386sx 25 CPU, 3.5" 1.44M
floppy, 4Mb 30 pin SIMMs, three serial ports, one parallel port, NIC with
AUI, BNC, and 10bT, and a multiport adapter (these units could run up to 16
ports).  While originally intended as a dialup router for a modem pool, it
would appear that it may also work out as a terminal concentrator.  While
we don't really need multiple modems with leased lines to increase
bandwidth (hmm, imagine a dozen 56K modems working in parallel...), it
would work well to have multiple terminals on a single network connection.

Or at least that is the way I figure it would work.  I'm probaby 100% off
base.

This beastie doesn't come with a hard drive.  I don't even see a mounting
spot or connection for one.  It boots up somewhat, going through  a setup
routine, then wants to boot but there isn't anything to boot from.  Perhaps
from a floppy disk.  If so, such software is long since gone.

Question:  What would be necessary to get this thing up and running?  Is
there a missing hard drive?  What OS?  Where can one hope to find such jewels?

-Dan C.
 |             |   1968 Triumph Sptifire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters at picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |