[SunRescue] Dont feel like running BIND for 10 systems

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 14:19:49 CDT 2001

[ On Monday, April 2, 2001 at 10:58:44 (-0700), James Lockwood wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Dont feel like running BIND for 10 systems
>
> On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Sebastian Marius Kirsch wrote:
>
> > And what kind of machine is that? An IBM S80? And how often does it
> > overload?
>
> Well, BIND 4 handled .us in 1996.  On a SS10/40, no less.  :)

Well in 1996 COM, ORG, and NET were just barely migrated out of BIND-4!

I didn't really pay attention to the dates in the early BIND-8 years,
and I didn't fully follow the migration of all gTLD servers, but IIRC
the last one to switch from BIND-4 was even later than 1996, though
they've all apparently upgraded to BIND-9 in a much more progressive
way....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>