[SunRescue] Re: Missing files from burned images

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 10:52:01 CDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:

> > > Back to suntoyz..... anyone got a spare 2.5.1 cd or the last release
> > > that had the native C compiler?  I think that was 2.5.1, but not sure.
> >
> > I don't think any Solaris 2 release had the native C compiler.
> > I have 2.5.1 CDs, but they don't have the C compiler...
>
> Hmmm.  I was under the impression that there was a C compiler with
> some of them.  Now, I am confused.  I would be interested in a spare
> 2.5.1, if you have one, though.

I think the last included compiler was in 4.1.4? Sol8 comes with gcc on a
supplement. You may be able to find Sun's compiler suite cheaply at a
swap--I have Sun Workshop Visual C (1.5 feet wide, nice big box) here, and
I think I paid $20 for it. Haven't opened it, but wanted to have it just
in case I wanted it.

Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows