[SunRescue] Nice little rescue at the swap today (alphastation -- OS suggestions?)

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 08:50:13 CDT 2001

Now, if you dual boot with tru64 and have $5k to spare, you can purchase a
license to OpenGenera, the port of the Symbolics OS to run as a
development environment on Tru64.

Anyway, I here that FreeBSD on Alpha is nice, but I don't know how well it
runs Tru64 software.  This is relevant since if you want performance, the
Tru64 compiler generates much faster executables than gcc does, even if
the executable is running on an OS emulation layer.

--
Joshua Boyd