[SunRescue] Nice little rescue at the swap today (alphastation -- OS suggestions?)

Eric Johnson rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 08:23:26 CDT 2001

If I remember correctly, it has to be 60 ns (or better) true parity SIMMS.
The 'fake' parity does not work at all.

Whatever you do, don't run NT on it. Dog slow and unreliable.

I second the motion for Tru64.

When it comes to uses for the machine, don't bother cracking RC5. The
alphas don't have the right hardware (barrel-shifter I believe) to be
competitive with any kind of Intel x86.

-- Eric Johnson
-- eric_j at novia.net

The more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws. --Tacitus