re SGI (was RE: [SunRescue] 5 major manufacturers?)

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:41:57 CDT 2000

On an almost related note, how much difference in speed is there between the
speed of the SunHelp Indys (RS4600 133) that were available (sweet deal),
and an Indy equiped with a fast proc, like an R5K 180, or R4600 200?  I'm
mostly thinking web-browsing speed, and application startup time, as those
are the ones in biggest need of improvement.
Assuming that the speed difference isn't huge, where would I need to go to
find something that will move roughly twice as fast as the above mentioned
Indy?
	Greg