[SunRescue] Can someone tell me what I just bought please?

dave at cca.orgdave dave at cca.orgdave
Sun Sep 17 11:31:39 CDT 2000

mcguire at neurotica.com writes:

>On September 16, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>> It's a 4M machine and uses the 4/600 system board. The latest version of
>> Solaris supported without a hack is 2.5.1. It will also run Linux and
>> OpenBSD.

>  ...and NetBSD. ;)

>> Damn fine machines. A tad noisy, they make plenty of heat and are
>> just cool in a monster sized sort of way.

>  Ahh, Mike, my good friend.  Sometime I'll show you a *truly large*
>computer.

Well, there's only one *truly large* sparc machine. Anyone else here
have the pleasure of seeing a CM5 up-close? Ahhhhh......

-------- David Fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
"Beauty is only skin-deep. It's what's underneath that really matters."
                                             - traditional cannibal saying