[SunRescue] TSparc Classic Terminal Question

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Sun Sep 17 09:12:18 CDT 2000

On Saturday, September 16, 2000 9:05 AM, Eric Hall wrote:
> How do I set the number of display lines on a Classic?
> I've already done a setenv lines=24 from the obp.
> did a TERM=vt100; export $TERM. But when I vi or more a
> file, the top 10 lines still scroll off the top of
> the screen. Makes it kinda hard to admin this box....
> I am using a generic dos terminal program from a peecee.
>
> Eric

I can't tell you what to do about the Sun box's sending too many lines, but
I can tell you how to read all the lines it sends ... use the scroll-back
buffer in whatever PeeCee term emu software you're using.  Almost anything
above the most basic term prog will have a scrollback buffer.  If what
you're using doesn't, get something better!  For Windows, Hyperterm Private
Edition (from Hilgraeve's web site) works great.  For DOS, Crosstalk Mark 4
is dam' good, and highly scriptable.

-Shel