[SunRescue] TSparc Classic Terminal Question

Creaseysammy at oh.verio.com Creaseysammy at oh.verio.com
Sat Sep 16 14:57:32 CDT 2000

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Eric Hall wrote:

> How do I set the number of display lines on a Classic?
> I've already done a setenv lines=24 from the obp.
> did a TERM=vt100; export $TERM. But when I vi or more a
> file, the top 10 lines still scroll off the top of
> the screen. Makes it kinda hard to admin this box....
> I am using a generic dos terminal program from a peecee.

In linux, and I presume solaris (this one should be standard)

# stty rows 24
(from the shell prompt).

stty -a will list exactly what the console believes about your terminal.

-- Sam

"UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED, ESPECIALLY to COMPUTER BULLETIN BOARDS."
	-- Robert E. McElwaine