[SunRescue] Help with ancient SunOS

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 16:53:35 CST 2000

[ On Thursday, November 30, 2000 at 10:07:08 (-0800), Peter L. Wargo wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Help with ancient SunOS
>
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Phil Brutsche wrote:
>
> > I just recently aquired Solaris 1.1.2 to put on my IPX.  After installing
> > the OS and compiling a bunch of crap (you never realize how much you rely
> > on bash until you're without it), I have two questions:
>
> Solaris 1.1.2 is *not* ancient!  Take that back! :-)

Well SunOS-4.1.4 is not that much different than SunOS-4.1.1, and since
the latter wasn't even really state-of-the-art when it was released
almost a decade ago, I think even 4.1.4 is at least very dated.

Unix V7 is really ancient, of course, and SunOS-3.5 is pretty ancient too.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>