[SunRescue] Cleaning out the computer room

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 30 05:46:08 CST 2000

Well I managed to win the Ultra 10's I was bidding on, so it's time to clean
up the old computer room (by this time it's actually like three rooms, and
takes up half my apartment) and start getting rid of stuff. Both of my Ultra
1 systems are now potentially being sold, as well as random other stuff.
Some of the items may already be sold locally, but the guy hasn't come to
pick the parts yet so I'm still listing them here.

These are the things I'm thinking of selling (including the ones potentially
sold marked with a **)

SGI O2 180mhz, 128 meg, 2.1 gig (F/W SCSI-2), 40X cd-rom, Digital video
option
Ultra 1 170e, 128m, 2.1g, Creator, CD-ROM, Floppy
**Ultra 1 170, 128m, 2.1 gig, TGX, CD-ROM
Power Computing PowerCenter 200, 128m, SCSI 2g, 8x SCSI CD-ROM, floppy, USB
interface card(OS 9 installed)

I may just part out the two systems below

Power Computing PowerWave 133, ATI video,(no ram, no drives, can be added
from parts below)
Apple WGS 9150, (no ram, no drives, can be added from parts below)

2 128m Micron ECC PC100 SDRAM (brand new, straight from the manufacturer)
2 128m DIMM for sun UltraSparc workstations
2 32 meg Fast page parity 72 pin SIMMs
4 8 meg fast page parity 72 pin SIMMs
4 4 meg fast page parity 72 pin SIMMs
4 8 meg ECC EDO DIMMs

Sun GDM-20D10 20" color monitor with remote control
**Sun GDM-1962B 19" color monitor

Sun Multipack external RAID array
(http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=49254)
2 2.1g Seagate F/W SCSI2 drives
2 1g Quantum SCSI drives
1 1g Connor Fast SCSI-2 drive
NEC 24x SCSI CD-ROM drive (Unix bootable)
Teac 6X SCSI CD-ROM (Unix bootable)
Sun Exabyte 5/10gb 8mm drive in 811 external case
Sun QIC (unknown capacity) in 411 external case
**Sun SunArchive tape drive in 411 external case
Sun auto eject floppy drive for UltraSparc workstations
Sun SBus STB4040 PCMCIA contorller with 2 pcmcia slots

F/W HVD SCSI-2 SBus card
Sun SBus video capture card
Sun Video adapter (allows input into vid cap card from cable, sat, ant, or
video)

3 Sun Type 5c country kits (keyboard, mouse, powercord)
2 apple enhanced keyboards
2 macintosh mouse (ergonimic ronuded style)
1 New in the box PCI USB card (Linux, Mac, Win 98/ME/NT/2K)
ZYNX PCI Quad fast ethernet (Intel chipset, SGI, SUN, BSD, Linux, NT, Win
9X/ME/NT/2K all supported

HP ScanJet 5p scanner (SCSI-2, Unix, mac, and Windows supported)
Epson Stylus Color 600
Belkin 4 port omni switch (brand new with cables but I tossed the box)
Netscreen 10, unlimited user with Strong Encryption (brand new, with docs
and cables but I think I tossed the box)

I just replaced the functionality provided by all of these items with an SGI
O2 which I plan to upgrade to the new processor (great deal from SGI $1500
to get the new board), and a Sun Ultra 10 with SunPCI-II, so I no longer
need them. Of course I still want them, but the wife is less enthused about
having our apartment look like an IT department.

If you are interested in the Netscreen I can also offer help in setting it
up (I'm a security consultant), but be advised, the box aint cheap. It's an
honest to god corporate firewall with a list price of over 10 grand with all
of the options in it. Of course no one ever pays list, and I'm certainly
willing to be reasonable about the cost.

Let me know if you are interested in any of these items, and feel free to
forward this list on to people

Chris Byrne
chris at chrisbyrne.com
http://www.chrisbyrne.com