[SunRescue] IPX max memory

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 28 14:55:05 CST 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Mike Turner wrote:

> 	Still playing with my new IPX that I got. Thanks you very much to
> all the people who gave me info on my previous questions. Ok two new ones
>
> 	1. What is the max memory an IPX can handle? 8 megs is the most I
> can get it to see. even with 16 megs in. Or is it that it can only see 4
> megs a SIMM slot?

64MB using the SIMM slots, 128MB using the SIMM slots and the sbus memory
expansion boardset (32MB on the base board and a 32MB expansion board).
Only 4MB of 16MB SIMMs.

> 	2. error "Power-on SelfTest FAILED ... Replace CPU board" Is this as
> bad of an error message as it sounds?

Probably just a dead NVRAM chip, though it could be more serious.  Set
diag-switch? to true and boot with a serial console.

-James