[SunRescue] Any Ultra 30's lurking out there?

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 27 02:03:37 CST 2000

Silly question but I thought I'd ask it before posting on usenet.  Does
anyone out there have an Ultra 30 who might be interested in swapping it
for a loaded SparcEngine AXi system (any config up to 512MB/9GB,
333MHz/2MB cache CPU, audio card, 300MHz SunPCi card, second hme ethernet
interface, nice rackmount or tower chassis)?  Info on the AXi can be found
at:

http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/SPARCengineUltraAXi/

Advantage of the AXi is an extra UW SCSI bus and 2 extra PCI slots, plus
cheaper CPU modules.  I need a U30 (or similar) for the 64-bit PCI slots.
If anyone wants to do this I'll make it worth their while.  Slow or
missing CPU module is no problem, I've got an extra.  I'd much rather swap
than buy outright with the holidays rapidly approaching.

Also _still_ looking for an empty U450 chassis but I expect that will be
harder to find.  :-/

Other trade fodder lurking at:

http://www.foonly.com/equipment.html

Thanks,