[SunRescue] File Manager in Sol 2.6

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 20 23:13:10 CST 2000

Hey there!

I've never seen the CDE File Manager cause any trouble like
that... however, when it is first launched it does take a moment
to try and read what's in the CD-ROM and in the user's current
$HOME. IF you wait the 30 seconds to 60 that it takes to cache
all that it should be fine. The CDE File Manager is just a successor
to the OpenLook FM. Same app, new widgets from what I can gather.

If you are epxeriencing weird hard-locks when it loads and/or
other problems maybe the directories it's trying to access are
the problem. Do you have broken disks or only a partially
turned off 'vold' (killed the daemon but /vol is still nfs'd?) That
could be the cause of your instability.

-Jon
--
Jonathan Katz
e-mail: jon at jonworld.com
website: http://jonworld.com
proprietor: http://bachelor-cooking.com
Cell: 317-698-4023 * Pager: 800-759-8888 1770869 * FAX: 530-688-5347