[SunRescue] SS1+ no LED activity

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 20 21:46:51 CST 2000

Check to see if you get any output out of serial port A (TTYA).  If the
system has a problem with the keyboard, however small it may seem, it will
_only_ output any information out of the serial port.

If the serial port is a round one you can use a MAC modem cable (_not_ the
printer cable) and a null-modem adapter to connect the output of TTYA to a
PC out terminal.  If the serial port is 25-pin you should just be able to
put a null-modem adapter on it and run a standard serial cable from there to
a PC or terminal.

If you still get no output _then_ it's time to start looking for dead/bad
parts.

Mike Hebel