[SunRescue] TCP Wrappers and other tcp/ip questions

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 20 16:36:58 CST 2000

What is the advantage of installing TCP Wrappers, besides logging?
I downloaded and compiled it, just wondering if it's reallly worth installing?
I've just been working on securing my systems, considering I'll be giving them access to
the outside world (so I can also telnet in remotely, and of course, su in to root, never
as root directly).

And thanks for everyone's help on adding another IP address - I think I might
have it figured out, as I shall see sometime tomorrow.
I did ifconfig le0:1
then ifconfig le0:1 192.168.0.30
then ifconfig le0:1 up (to start it up)

And that seems to work.

Another question - how can I setup FTP to go to different
directories by default, regardless of user, dependant upon which IP you
ftp to?