[SunRescue] non-sun: rm380z

Martin Frost rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 14 06:03:38 CST 2000

kebabthesheep wrote:

> This probably is not the best forum for this, but most
> people seem to read this list.  Anybody heard of the
> Research Machines 380Z ?  It was (is) a Z80 based box
> from about 1980.  I have one of these little beasts,
> and now it works.  BUT I have zero software, cannot
> find any anywhere, and have almost no information
> about how to use it.

They were only really sold to schools, so all of the
software I've seen is educational.

There was a successor, the 480Z, but I don't know what
the differences were.

I remember a quite entertaining educational game called
Granny's Garden on it, and I think you could get Castle
L (a text adventure that was supposed to teach kids
maths) for it as well.

--m