[SunRescue] Least expensive 'Real Server'

Martin Frost rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 13 11:34:02 CST 2000

jcarver wrote:

> I just sold a board on ebay so I can purchase more memory.
> (Sold for nearly $500)

I know, the prices are ridiculous. I was just bidding on one:
was outbid in the last minute when the price went up to something
like $350.

If anyone has a spare SS1000E board for sale or trade, please
let me know! I have a machine with four boards and 2Gb RAM,
but for some reason if I put the CPUs into one of the boards
then it isn't recognised. If I have just the RAM on that board
then it works as a RAM-only board (but I only have six CPUs).

Boards for regular SS1000s are much easier to find, and hence
much cheaper.

Thanks,

--m