[SunRescue] Cleaning up old Sun gear

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 11 12:18:15 CST 2000

Cyrus,

I have used that stuff too.  I also found it will attack plastic, so I
don't normally use it with computers anymore.  Of course if the part in
question is metal, it will probably be fine.

Something you might try for sticky stuff that won't attack plastic, is
called Goo Gone.  It smells like oranges, and leave a bit of a residue,
so I usually wash it off afterwards.  I find it in the same section as
you would Goof Off.  I normally buy that type of thing at Lowes, but
Home Depot should have it too.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA