[SunRescue] Cleaning up old Sun gear

Cyrus M. Reed rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 11 00:48:25 CST 2000

I've used some stuff called "Goof Off" before, on a limited basis, usually
when nothing else works.  It will take marks right off - but also eat the
plastic just as well if you're not careful.  In small doses it works
great; it can also be used to rub out small scratches in the plastic, if
you don't mind a slight surface texture change (which is usually only
visible at the right angle in bright light).  I would try the other
suggestions first though; I used it on a calculator cover once to try to
get rid of some sticky stuff, and it made the plastic the sticky stuff.
;)  It comes in a small tin canister, like charcoal starter/lighter fluid.

-Cyrus