[SunRescue] Cleaning up old Sun gear

jcarver rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 23:27:45 CST 2000

I have had good luck with WD-40 for taking of stubborn gummed labels
and dried adhesives. Iso. Alcohol as a general cleaner. But the best
stuff is a product called "PEC-12". It is a photography product. The
label says it is an "Archival Photographic Emulsion Cleaner". A good
friend who is a photographer turned me on to this stuff. It is by far
the best for removing permanent marker ink. It has never damaged any
plastic cases yet. I have no idea what it costs. He keeps me supplied
and I keep his computers running.

				jim