[SunRescue] SPARC mp3 player revisited...

Mike Hebel drone8of9 at crosswinds.net
Fri Nov 10 11:50:44 CST 2000

Ummm...unless you manually forwarded this to the list I don't think it got
there.

As for trimming the plugs I'm going to see about that (I have a Dremel :-).
I may be able to seal the plug end with the plastic potting compound that we
have at work.

Since I work for an aerospace manufacturing company I think I may avoid the
whole case issue by designing a "rack" style case to fit the LX components.
(It's nice having sheet-metal people in-house. ;-)  Since this is hopefully
going in the car I might even be able to do away with the power supply if I
can find a good explanation of how the "power OK" signal works.  Then I can
probably just make up a DC - DC converter with regulated voltage circuits
for the +5 and +-12.  But that's further down the road. (2.0 version) *grin*

Neither of my drives is differential but I don't see that as much of a
problem.  I think that as long as my log files aren't filling up with errors
I'll just sit back and wait to see if it's even an issue.

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel