[SunRescue] Ultra 5 questions

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 11:07:17 CST 2000

IMHO an Ultra 1 might be a better way to go - the Ultra5 is (typically) an
IDE-based system, unless the buyer bought an expensive (>$200) SCSI adapter
for the unit.

The Ultra may have a slower CPU, but it will most likely have more cache,
and cache is *very* important on these units...

RAM prices for both platforms are high, so no big difference there, the
Ultra5 may very well mbe a good deal, but I really like SBUS/SCSI platforms
myself....

Hope this helps in some way,

Ken