[SunRescue] Ultra 5 questions

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 11:03:04 CST 2000

 Hi,

 I've been reading this list for quite a while now, but
going a bit slow on Sun stuff now (my Indy R5k-180
outperforms my SparcClassic so I always use the Indy).
 But now I've seen an Ultra 5 for sale very cheap, only the
seller doesn't know very much about it (that's probably why
it's cheap).

 What is the worst-case scenario? A 270Mhz processor with
256kb cache (still sounds good to me), 64 Mb ram and 8-bit
graphics (is this upgradable?!?)?!?. And can I identify what
processor is inside, by some sticker/code on the outside?

 And for about $100 extra there's an Ultra 1, with scsi..
Would this be a better buy? Didn't find much on the internet
other than some pictures; but an ultra 5 looks cool :)

 thanks,
   Michiel