[SunRescue] WTB: Sparc LX? Canada?

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 4 08:42:46 CST 2000

On Saturday, November 04, 2000 9:28 AM, Berserko [SMTP:berserko at thb.on.ca]
wrote:
> I ust need something a bit better to learn openwin with and thought either
> a Weitek or an LX would be my best bet...

Actually, you can get _much_ snappier Openwin or CDE performance by running
the X server on a different machine from the X client.  In my case, the X
server is either on a PeeCee or an HP 700/RX X-terminal, and the X client is
on the LX.  Although startup is sorta slow in either case, once things are
running, performance is very reasonable.

Remember that X uses "server" and "client" in reverse of what you might
think.  The host machine is the "client" and the one you're typing on is the
"server."

-Shel