[SunRescue] forget a Palm VII, I want one of these

Paul Paul
Fri Nov 17 02:26:40 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:02:53 -0800 (PST), James Lockwood wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
>> Now this is what I call fun!  Man, what I wouldn't do for one...
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/funmazer/index.html
>
>I'm thinking about stuffing a joypad and some ni-cads into an I-Opener and
>turning it into a portable MAME box booting from flash.  Anyone have
>recommendations on where to snag one (besides Ebay) and which ones are the
>easiest to tweak?

The older machines were easier to tweak, as rumor has it that the new revisions
of the I-Opener don't have the 2.5" IDE connectors, and aren't setup to be
dismantled.  As for OS, they're running QNX.  You will also need a new keyboard,
because I think their's is missing something trivial like the ESC key or something.
Other specs I think are like 8 or 16MB of FLASH, 16 or 32MB of RAM, modem, parallel,
and I think it has a Winchip running @ 166MHz.

I read specs and how-to on them quite a while ago.

Paul