[SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] Assigning a second IP address

Paul Paul
Sun Nov 12 17:01:59 CST 2000

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:18:51 -0500 (EST), Dale Ghent wrote:

>What OS would the IPC be running? A version of Solaris? *BSD? Linux? Also,
>I do believe you can transfer the RAM from the SS1 to the IPC. Both of
>these machines do have 30pin SIMM slots I think. Plus, the IPC has faster
>CPU.

Running Solaris 7.

Are you sure?  Or are you thinking of the SS1?  The SS1 has a 20MHz, CPU, whilst the
IPC has a 25MHz.  I have the SS1+, which is equivalent of the IPC.  Additionally,
I only have 12 SIMM sockets in the IPC, so it's maxed out right now at 48MB, and the dormant
SS1+ is also maxed out at 64MB, with 16 SIMM sockets.

>| Lastly, is there a quick and dirty way to setup BIND?  I have the bind book
>| around here, if I can find it (lots of searching).
>
>BIND 8.x is simple to setup. Check out the links on www.isc.org/bind.html,
>and take a look at the BIND docs included in the tarball.

Okay, cool.

Also, a second seperate question - which is easier to setup, sendmail or qmail?
In this case, I have the "bat" book (sendmail book) handy.  It just appears
that it's something of a PITA.

Paul
\