[SunRescue] Interesting site...

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu May 18 08:47:44 CDT 2000

[ On Friday, May 19, 2000 at 06:30:38 (-0400), Ken Hansen wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Interesting site...
>
>     Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact
> information (like their name and email address) and demographic information
> (like their zip code, company size and IT budget). The customer's contact
> information is used to contact the visitor when necessary. Demographic and
> profile data is also collected at our site for the purpose of studying and
> refining our marketing efforts.

yeah, but have you actually looked at the form and counted the number of
"required" fields!?!?!?  they REQUIRE a FAX number!!!!!  anarchistic fools!

> They don't ask any questions that any "free to qualified buyers" trade
> publication asks for
> on a magazine subscription request - and there is no requirement that you be
> any more
> honest here ;^)

That's what I ended up doing, of course, but it still didn't work.  Even
when I supplied fake numbers (AREA-555-1212 comes to mind ;-) their form
failed with some really stupid CGI error (i.e. not the page that says
please go back and fill in the missing field(s))....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>