[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 31 10:19:14 CST 2000

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 02:58:04AM -0800, Paul Khoury wrote:
> www.cais.net
> Running through covad, IDSL @ 144/144

That explains why you can only get 144k.

I've got 1.5meg/128K ADSL from Southwestern Bell/Jump.Net.  I did a line
qualification through Covad, and from the *SAME CENTRAL OFFICE* that my
existing line is coming out of, they said "uh, we can only give you 144K,
thats all you qualify for."  I then told them "then what the hell is this
1.5meg/128k line, that I have coming through my wall?"  They just stood
around and scratched their balls and went "uhhhhh...."

I was working for onr.com at the time - and OnRamp eventually *dropped*
Covad as a DSL provider due to their inability (or non-desire) to qualify
ANY of our applications to them for more than 144K.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"