[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 31 04:58:04 CST 2000

www.cais.net
Running through covad, IDSL @ 144/144

>I haven't done this with separate netmasks, but I'm assuming that you could
>add the netmask in /etc/netmasks and then add the IP address to a file named
>somehting like /etc/hostname.le0:1
>
>That, of course, just sets things for the next reboot.

Yeah, when I wrote that email, I didn't want to reboot.  My webserver worked fine,
but my other sparc2 (named sparc2) had to be reboot several times to get it working.
I was really pissed at it, the uptime was 99 days!!!

>Obviously the cool way to handle this would be to get a second ethernet card
>for one of the computers, another hub and make a firewall.

Don't have enough time/money for a nic card now...