[SunRescue] Curious - anyone try Solaris 2.6 on laptops (like Portege 650ct)?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 29 22:32:33 CST 2000

I bought a Portege 650ct laptop (P/133, 1.3 Gig HD, 32 Meg RAM 11.3" TFT
display, 800x600) for $180, then threw a RAM upgrade in it, taking the
system to 80 Meg RAM. Solaris 2.6 for X86 supposedly supported this
platform, anyone here try it?

I used to run Solaris 2.6 on a P133 desktop machine (SCSI-based) and it was
pretty reasonable (IIRC), I am really just curious (for comparison with
SPARCbooks like 3GX)...

I would have to do a netboot, since the unit has no local CD-ROM, and I will
be able to use my $15 3Com 3C589 from www.axiontech.com for network
access...

Thanks in advance,

Ken