[SunRescue] OT: Indy bits

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 28 23:44:36 CST 2000

>From: Mark Davies <mark.uunix at btinternet.com>
>Subject: Re: [SunRescue] OT: Indy bits
>Robert Rose wrote:

>>  Keep in mind I'm on
>> the other side of the globe to most of you, so me shipping a complete
>> 4/370 probably isn't practical.

>Looking at your e-mail address, I am assuming you are in Oz?
'fraid so.

>If your (by any chance) in the UK I have some SGI stuff I'd exchange.

Well I don't mind making available some of my spare bits from the 370 if
you really need them and don't mind paying the small fortune for
shipping bulky items.  Depending on what you've got to trade, I probably
wouldn't mind the shipping charges either.

I've got the following sun stuff I can trade (this applies to anyone on
the list as well as Mark):

501-1316 4/370 Motherboard with 8Mb RAM
501-1495 48Mb RAM VME expansion
501-1217/501-1220 Sun-3 SCSI board (VME)
300-1047 x70 chassis power supply (I guess this is 240volt)
plus the rest of the guts of the 370 chassis.  This was disassembled by
me approximately 3 years ago to keep for spares for my existing 370.  I
hardly even turn my existing one on anymore, so I can't imagine when
I'll ever need the spares.

I'm not sure what prom version the motherboard has, rumour is that
"later" prom revisions were required for running Solaris.  The box that
it came out of was still running SunOS 4.1.2 when I decommissioned it,
my existing one was running Solaris 2.4 when I decommissioned it.  I'm
willing to make either available as I'll probably install 4.1.4 on my
existing box if I ever fire it up again.

I've also got some Sbus SCSI cards I can trade for stuff (including an
FSBE, DSBE and SunSwift).

Rob.