[SunRescue] sun3/80 scsi

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 28 14:37:08 CST 2000

>> Where does this thing want terminators attached to the scsi bus?
>
>Only on the outside, and normally only if there's a cable and another
>device plugged into it too.

   Your mileage may vary. My 3/80 absolutely requires something on the
external connector -- either a terminated chain, or just a terminator. If
it only has internal disks (one or two, doesn't matter) and nothing on the
external connector, it can't find the disks.

   I just found out something else interesting about the 3/80: if the NVRAM
goes dead, it can't find the SCSI controller anymore. That really scared me
for a bit. On the other hand, I was able to verify that the procedure in
the NVRAM FAQ is valid for 3/80 ROM version 3.0.3.

   --James B.