[SunRescue] Can anyone recommend a Volt Ohm Meter

Jeff Workman rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 28 00:50:45 CST 2000

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Reagen Ward exclaimed:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:10:43AM -0500, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > ...and place on line to buy one.  I've been reading on-line manuals
> > for the nearest thing to the Sparc1+ -- for the Sparc2 (same power
> > supply) and figured out what I need to test and in what order.
>
> I swear by my Fluke, but just about any radioshack cheap model will do.
> I think the Sperry units are pretty good, too, but I don't have much
> experience with them.

I have an ancient Triplett that has provided years of service to 2
generations and is still kickin'.  I dunno if they even make them anymore
or not, but if they do, I highly recommend them.  They aren't cheap,
though.  I think the one I inherited cost around $300 new.

Jeff

--
"For competitive reasons we can't tell you the location of our fiber."
	-- An anonymous representative of a very large telco