[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 27 00:17:03 CST 2000

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 12:39:45AM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> Now *that* I never heard of.... it seems to be a logical extension, however.
> My favorite *really* spicy food was Pork Bol Gogi served at a Korean
> restaurant in eastern Sunnyvale along El Camino Real in a strip mall just
> east of the El Camino and Kiley/Bowers intersection. They serve you
> a cast iron plate which is sizzling. Half of the plate has steamed
> rice. The other half the spiciest pre-cut pieces of pork you can imagine.
> The pork is *red* because it is coated in red (and other?) peppers.
> No vegitables or rabbit food, just the meat and the rice.
> My eyes are begining to water just thinking about it.
> -Jon

Sounds a lot like the pork bulgogi you get at "Ichiban", a *very* decent
(its not fancy, but the food is *great* - i've probably spent $2K there in
the past 2-3 years..) Korean/Japanese joint here in Austin on Burnet Road,
about a mile or two south of 183.

The staff there likes me because not only am I a regular customer, but I
can eat some of the spiciest stuff they offer without wincing. 8-)

Bill (damn, now I"m hungry for sushi...)

(why did I just have a flashback to the "WAZZABI!" Budweiser commercial?)

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"