[SunRescue] FW: [sgihelp] Remote installation on an Indy

Stou Sandalski rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 26 02:01:15 CST 2000

Ok I figured it out!, I did a search on Deja before but I think I must have
not put IRIX cause it came up with like 10 million results hehe... anyway
the problem was that inst used KSH, and I had /bin/sh symlinked to bash, so
I just changed it to the thing again and it worked!

Now I have to sit here for the next 5 hours and switch CDs.  Is it just me
or are we starting to regress back to the "all-day" installs... when corel
draw 7 came in a set of like 80 disks or something, and you had to plan out
your week so you have a whole day free to just install C.D., and people
would say "So what are you doind on saturday?", "oh just installing corel
draw, how bout you?"... and now its "oh just installing IRIX, how bout you?"

I think my grand grand grand grand kids will have to sit there all day and
switch 650TB solid state floppies while installing Office 2512

anyway sorry for the noise...

stou