[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 21:00:30 CST 2000

I actually did a similar amount of PC hardware, including taken down foam
shipping boxes in a 1981 Dodge 024 (like a charger but with the 1.7L VW
engine.)  I couldn't see out of anything except the windshield and the
driver's side window.  I was luck I didn't get a ticket.
I was always amazed at what I could fit in that car.

That car actually had the wrong engine in it.  I bought the car with a blown
engine and couldn't find a replacement at the time so I put a 1.6L VW Rabbit
engine in it complete with CIS system.  It ran weird with a capital W.
Later I put a 5-speed GTI trans in it and it ran even weirder. ;-)  I wanted
to eventually put a GTI motor in it but the thing finally died with a bad
undercarriage.

The vehicle I really like is the Volvo Valp or Laplander:
http://user.tninet.se/~koo873v/index.html

I like the look, the specs, and the simplicity of the design.  The _only_
thing I don't like about it is a 24volt electrical system.  Not
insurmountable but a little annoying.  I just have lost touch with a good
source for these.  I'm up for a new vehicle next year and I'd like to try
one of these out. =-)

Mike Hebel