[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 20:12:14 CST 2000

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I have my wife and daughters to keep me sane.  Young children are
> possibly the best therapy I could have - walking through door (no
> matter what time of day) I usually end up with one kid wrapped around
> each leg screaming "daddy's home, daddy's home!"

Amen.

> If that fails, I usually end up working on one of my project cars.  I
> actually have 3 going now.  A '73 Plymouth Satellite, an '89
> Volkwagen Jetta, and the PT Cruiser.  The Satellite is on the
> 5-year-plan - since parts are pretty darn hard to find
> (body/suspension wise).  The Jetta should be started and finished

There's a lot of body interchangability with the plethora of B-bodies of
the era (Coronet/Charger/Roadrunner/Belvedere/etc).  Suspension parts were
nearly identical across the midsized line for a decade at that point.  Of
course, the reverse transplant is more common, since you can usually
weasel a chunk of a Satellite out of a junkyard for half of what the same
piece off of a Roadrunner would cost.

Drove a big block Coronet wagon for a while, I'd love to find another one.
383, 4 speed (A833) and a bench seat!

I'm surprised that a factory "GLHS" or similar version of the Cruiser
hasn't been rolled into production.  The engine draws on the heritage of
the legendary 2.2 and a turbo would be a natural fit.

-James