[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 13:38:12 CST 2000

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> On December 24, David Cantrell wrote:
>
> >   http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/motor
>
>   Jeeeezus!  That's quite a truck!
>
>   Definitely not less than US$10K, though, I'd bet...

Cost me UKP4000 a year ago*.  'Twas very useful for transporting geeks
n' gear to the Linuxbierwanderung this year.  I'll be taking it to
next year's bash in Belgium if anyone fancies a ride :-)

I believe there are a few in the US, but there's some import regs which
get in the way cos the vas tmajority of 101s are less than 25 years old.
There's also a radio van version, an ambulance, a sigint truck**, and
heavy recovery version.  Mine's the General Service version, originally
designed as a gun tractor.  It seats fourteen, carries a tonne with ease,
and tows three tonnes.  The GS was later modified for use as a MILAN
antitank carrier and for towing Rapier missiles.

* - what, me buy a big fuck-off truck just before Y2K?  Naaah, pure
coincidence. <cough>

** - allegedly.  Officially, the Ministry of Defence denies all knowledge
that they even *existed*.

   The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons.