[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 13:27:09 CST 2000

On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 02:10:06PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Paintball helps too.   A group of guys I work with and I try to get
> out once a month for some .68 caliber excitement.  We found a place
> not too far from work that has a nicely sized indoor course.  We're
> trying to get enough interest to be able to do a company sponsered
> event - engineering vs. sales.  We're trying to make it interesting
> for the newbies and former law enforcement/military types we work
> with (surprising number actually) by getting everyone to buy a 10
> shot pistol.  Some of them are a little intimidated by those of us
> with Bruizers, Automags, and Pirranhas.  We figure, everyone uses a
> PT Enforcer 10 shot semi-auto pistol, and that should cut down on the
> "massive spray" method that some of us use (not me, of course :).

When I worked for ioNET (now part of PSI) in Oklahoma City, we had a
company-sponsored-and-REQUIRED paintball day, after a particuarly
hectic month.  Stupid me (not knowing this course) shows up in urban
camo (black/grey/white) while everyone else shows up in jungle.

Surprisingly, I only got hit *once* - and it was a lucky shot, in
the back of the heel / achilles tendon area.  Of course, it was
the size of a quarter and enough to take me out (which it would have
in a nasty way, in RL).  Other than that, I did damn well, considering
I was 5'11 and about 250 lbs at the time.  "AIM FOR THE BIG GUY!"  "BUT
WE CANT HIT HIM!!!"

Somehow, some way, the really annoying pain-in-the-ass tech support
"manager" (more concerned with how he looked to the PHB than how good
the department was doing - I'd set up the department, he fucked it up)
managed to get 3 or 4 rounds to the crotch at close range.. I wonder
how..... 8-)

They've got a Laser Tag arena here. hrm.... wonder if its "illegal" to
make your own IR Claymores. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"