[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 12:35:57 CST 2000

On December 24, Tim Harrison wrote:
> Okay, then I don't qualify.  I'm a drummer/percussionist, but I can't
> juggle, and spicy food causes all sorts of internal distress.  I also
> have an allergy to garlic (of all damned things -- married to an
> Italian/Danish/Irish grrl, in that order).

  Ahh, cool, I'm a drummer too (not much lately though; no time)...
But...bring on the Habaneros!!

> I haven't found anything else in life that I'm good at.  The only jobs
> I've ever had were computer-related.  The only thing that kept me sane
> when I was young was drumming.  It's still a major therapy for me, as I
> tend to be a little OCD about my work.  At one point, when I met my
> wife, I was doing 72 hour days, sleeping for several hours, and then
> doing it again.  Then I burned out massively. :/

  That'll do it, man.  ++ungood.

> What do you guys do to keep sane when you're in this business?

  I drive fast on the DC beltway.  Not in the Mog, though; it's far from
fast.

  Another thing I find very therapeutic is electronics hacking.  PIC
microcontrollers kick ass.

          -Dave McGuire