[SunRescue] Closet military freak was:I could run a small country...

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 11:45:12 CST 2000

Hell I'm not even a closeted military freak, I joined the reserves the day I
turned 17..

I used to be a reserve PJ (Airforce ParaRescue), we are kind of like a cross
between an EMT and Army SF (green beret). Just to let you know what this job
is all about, our motto is "That others may live".

 Once I went to college I was preapring for a full time Air Force career
before I was Clintonized. My job (training to be a WSO)was reassigned to a
female of lesser qualifications to more equitably redistribute occupational
specialties between the sexes. At the point I took a frikken nutty on my
Colonel. He understod since he was permanatly downchecked to mek room for
more women in flight slots, and instead of throwing me to the AP's which he
had a perfect right to do, he arranged for the following "is hereby assigend
to inactive reserve duty status for eight years or until such time as the
needs fo the service require it".

Considering time in grade credit, and educational credit, I'd be a senior
captain right now, and if I were recalled, it'd probably be as a Major.

And even more indicitive, my christmas present to myself was a Wilson combat
customized M1911A1 on a Charles Daly base, caliber .45, along with a new
Galco strongside holster, matching mag pouch with two Wilson combat 8 round
mags, pachmayer stocks, and some cor-bon 185 grain JHP +p ammo

I'm also a long term martial artist, and hold the 2nd degree of mastery in
Brown Freestyle Jiu-Jitsu and Ken-Jitsu (japanese words can only be spelled
phonetically so don't try and say I spelled them wrong). And I collect edged
weapons of many types. I have a considerable collection of Live Steel that I
use for demonstrations of the arts, and in the SCA (we're just harmless
historical nuts)

Chris Byrne
And yeah though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death
I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest motherfucker in the valley