[SunRescue] I could run a small country...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 24 11:41:45 CST 2000

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Still, tho, you can learn a lot from books and having lots of friends
> in the National Guard, as well as parents who are city and/or county
> police.. How many other people here can field-strip an M-16 *without*
> the manual? 8-)

That's nothing until you are here (Israel) at the mall on Saturday
night. All the 19 year old's (boys and girls) home for the weekend from
the army. All dresssed up like your normal 19 year olds, except for the
M-16.

They are not allowed to leave their weapons on base or at home, so they take
them with them............

Most have M-16's and Galils (Kalashnakov copies), though occasionaly you see
an admin person (usually a girl) with an UZI and rarely an M-1 carbine
(border police).

In the summer you get to see them at the beach. :-)

Geoff.

(Just to remind everyone I'm here)
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson