[SunRescue] That maddening cycle...

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 20 14:48:56 CST 2000

Reagen Ward wrote:

> That'd most likely be a 720 or 730.  To use the serial console, you must first
> adjust a jumper to enable it.  Yes, a jumper.  I no longer have a manual for
> such a beast, but there's bound to be a FAQ with it somewhere.

Ah, of course.  The jumper I didn't know about. :)  I'll see what I can
find for it.

> You can still get 10.20 from HP for free, I think; I remember someone on here
> talking about getting it through their y2k deal. Also, it does run MkLinux,
> but that's kinda ugly.  I once was successful using a HIL to PS2 converter,
> but not all of the keys worked well, so I went back to ugly HIL.

Well, I definitely don't have a monitor to plug into it and no keyboard,
so it's all going to be via console (once the jumper is located).

If anyone has info on how to snag a copy of 10.20, ppppllleeeaasssee let
me know. :)

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com