[SunRescue] That maddening cycle...

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 20 09:06:18 CST 2000

Reagen Ward wrote:

> That's most likely a 720, 730, or 750.  Is it big and flat, or does it stand
> upright with a hump on its side like a building?  Also, if it's running, you
> can use the 'model' command.

It's definitely big and flat with a little flipdown door on the front
right.  I fired it up the other day (finally -- it was waiting for me at
a friend's house here in the US when I moved back), and it made a whole
lot of disk noise, but I couldn't console into it for some reason.

HP's site has little to nothing about the Apollo that I can find, and
there doesn't seem to be a picture of one anywhere.  I tried to look up
what it might be by the model numbers of the cards/modules in the back,
but every one of them seems to be common to 3 - 5 different HP models.

I also need to get some media for it.  Not only because I'm an operating
system junkie, but because I hate getting boxen that have really messed
installations on them, and I can't fix it.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com