[SunRescue] That maddening cycle...

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 19 23:07:34 CST 2000

Reagen Ward wrote:

> "But I thought you said that if we bought it, you could get rid of some of
> your old computers and lower the power bill?  Why do you keep getting these
> UPS shipments?"

The talk I had with my wife was very civil.  Her words:

"If you buy anything like that damned PDP ever again without consulting
me, you're a dead man.  However, any old VAX, Sun, or small machines
like that (editor's note:  she doesn't realize that I could get much
bigger than that damned useless Sun 4/330) are okay."

Colour me spanked.

She also was okay with me putting more power into the apartment.  The
landlady looked confused, but was agreeable.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com