[SunRescue] SunPCi Upgrades

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 18 23:13:53 CST 2000

Eric,

Hey, I'm thinking of doing the same myself. While poking about the tech
specs (and the old visual inspection) of my SunPCI-II I noticed something.
It supports both 66 and 100mhz FSB speeds, and autodetects core voltages and
multipliers. That means I can stick any of the 100mhz coppermines (probably
to the max of 850mhz) in there for an instant performance boost. Now if I
could only find a good source for cheap 256mb SO-DIMM's...

Yeah thats it, P-3 850 with 512megs of RAM, and two 36gig Ultra 160 SCSI
drives (that's what replacing my IDE setup). Sounds like a nice little
workstation class Intel machine to me.

Chris Byrne