[SunRescue] [newbie] Which floppy drive on Classic ?

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 16 12:25:22 CST 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Bruno Perea wrote:

> >What specifically are you trying to install?
>
> Well I'm waiting for a set of Debian 2.2 CD... So just to see if the
> machine can boot I downloaded the boot floppy from debian site ...
> This is why I tryied to run a floppy drive.

You should be ok if you have the official deb 2.2 iso's - these will boot
with 'boot cdrom' on my machines (ss1, ss2, ipc) with several cd drives.

There must be some slight difference here, since debian will boot on all
of the drives, SunOS 4.1.4 on most of them, and Solaris 2 /only/ on the
toshiba that has the genuine sun firmware. Wierd isn't it?

YMMV - if you can pick up a 2nd-hand toshiba or sony drive you'll probably
be OK.

dave.